My Blog List

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Motorcycle Story

Joe has a monster of a motorcycle. It's a Moto Guzzi, an Italian bike. We had traveled to Italy one year and saw many of those bikes and he came home and bought one. Men. Motorcycles. What's a girl to do?

First I had to buy some cowboy boots. I am five feet seven inches tall and that is still too short to get on or off that bike with dignity. Hence the boots. Those extra inches give me the boost I need. After riding for seventy miles my everything is numb and dignity is forgotten. But I try.

Joe decided the Guzzi required a custom seat. Having a numb butt convinced him I think. Joe had to measure my butt. Dear Lord. Then photograph me sitting on the old seat. He was measured as well but Joe has no butt to speak of. That must hurt him after a while don't ya think?

The butt photos were sent with the butt measurements to this man in California. He built this tricked out custom leather seat. It is not overly large. Smile. It does feel better. The humiliation was totally worth it.

grace surrounds us
Olive Out

4 comments:

  1. Fun post! Glad your butt will be comfy now! lol... Men and there toys! They just get bigger with age! ~lulu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LuLu. Yes we are quite comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there beautiful Butterfly. You certainly are aware of the size of that Guzzi!

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments. They are like finding unexpected chocolates. olive