My Blog List

Sunday, May 9, 2010

You Make Me Happy When Skies Are Grey, You Are My Sun Shine

We scooped up CC from her dorm today. It was a lot of work. I am thrilled to see her on Mother's Day. She gave me one of those musical cards. It sings "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey". She bought that card because that is the song I used to sing to her when she was a baby. Sweet.

We filled a Jeep Sport and half a trailer with her dorm stuff! Was she ready when we arrived? Absolutely not. Haha. Really not a surprise. That's our little darling. She moves at her own pace. That is just who she is. I love her guts.

She weighed two pounds at birth. My pregnancy was fraught with worry and danger. I prayed for a baby and was given a baby for longer than most. CC was small for a long time. She was feisty from the start. I would call the Neonatal ICU at three am and the nurse would say she's awake and wiggling her foot out the air vent. She still stays up all night.

Her grandmother, Granny ,went to the NICU every day and rocked her. I rocked that little fuzzy squirrel too. That way she was held twice a day as she was there for almost ten weeks. I appreciate Granny more than could ever be said or recorded. She is the best grandmother anybody could have.

To think that miniature baby who wore Cabbage Patch doll clothes is now in college is more than a mama can handle some days. She calls and asks me about boys. Boys. Huh? I want my little baby sunshine back.

grace surrounds us
Olive Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your comments. They are like finding unexpected chocolates. olive