My Blog List

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Font Installation Stopped For Sun


I have been attempting, in vain, to install a new font to Olive Out.
It was causing me to get anxious and I was getting a headache.
Then lo and behold the sun peaked out at 9:30AM and I had to grab the camera and take pictures.
 
 
I tell you I was about two days shy of needing Celexa and I am not kidding. 
For those of you who do not know my last nursing job was a psych nurse for the Department of Corrections.
I know mental health medications after that. 
The weather greatly effects my mood and the many days of grey, grey, and grey were a step too far.


These tall southern pine trees desperately needed the rain we received so I must stop my whining and be thankful for that rain and the grey skies.


We leave this feeder empty but feed the birds elsewhere.


Nandina berries are in abundance in the yard.


Lavender lantana is still blooming.


Quince, which is supposed to bloom in winter has enormous thorns and I tend not to want to prune it.

 ♥♥♥

I tried to comment on many blogs late last evening but Blogger was not being pretty or nice.
Just know I did try to visit many of you and FireFox is my browser.
I will get the man behind the blog, Joe, to assist with the font and I will continue with the artsy part.

I put my images back in X-Large format.
I think I like them better this way.
Let me know if they are too big please.

may joy and peace surround you
Olive




12 comments:

  1. I love them this size. I've been using extra large for mine, too.

    Your photos are beautiful! Oh, Spring, please come soon!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I stumbled on your blog today but glad I did. You seem to be in the same boat I was/am as we have had some icky rainy weather but its so needed. But the sun finally came out this AM too.

    I adore your house, so cozy hidden among the pines. Not sure where you live but it looks so Southern! I hope you can use another follower, I will be back to visit as soon as I soak up some more sun, I have missed it so.

    God bless and keep you all safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well shut my mouth, I read your profile and see you live in Ga too. I am not far from the big granite rock, know-what-I-mean?

    I knew you had to be southern...

    So we are having the same sun shine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home looks divine. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't a bit of sunshine make you feel so much better. Your pictures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photos are absolutely fine with me this size. I/m so glad that you stepped outside to take these wonderful photos for us today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Your comment box is back up and working!... your photos are so pretty, I love the Lantana... and the photo of your home is beautiful!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not too big for me - the better to see them with! So glad the sun came out and you didn't have to resort to meds. Although I would be fascinated to hear some of your stories from that job. I bet you could write a book. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am the same way, Olive. Once the third cloudy day hits, I have a headache and am not in the best of moods. I seem to lose the energy to do anything, too. Once the sun shows itself, I perk right up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous abode. It must often add to your mental well being.
    xxx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pics, can't believe Lantana is still blooming! Enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments. They are like finding unexpected chocolates. olive