My Blog List

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Perfume Bottles



Joe and I have been shopping at thrift stores today.
This morning we priced and boxed items we are selling at three consignment stores near our old house.
Here are some perfume bottles I especially like.



This one is lead crystal and to the right of it is a vintage apothecary jar I found at the estate sale on Saturday.


The perfume bottle on the left was made in Czechoslovakia.


Sometimes when we are out thrifting a theme emerges and today was one of those days because at Habitat for Humanity ReStore we found perfume bottle stoppers.



They are adorable and if I am not mistaken I have two little perfume bottles sans stoppers at one of the consignment stores I sell at.


The wood tissue boxes in the background are from Italy.
The strange aspect about me liking perfume bottles is I detest perfume as it gives me a headache but the quality and beauty in these bottles is hard to deny.
I want to keep them all.
Can you blame me?

Linking with:



may joy and peace surround you
Olive


26 comments:

  1. I love them too, and don't blame you one bit! I, like you, don't wear perfume and for the very same reasons...headache's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo pretty!

    I love your header, too!

    Sue
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bottles! No perfume here, the only scents I like are either flowers or from the kitchen:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Olive
    I see you have a new look over here! Looks great.
    The perfume bottles are beautiful, nice your hubby likes to thrift too.
    Mine would be miserable...
    Blessings today
    RE

    ReplyDelete
  5. These perfume bottles are absolutely beautiful! What great finds.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are beautiful, I'd have to keep them, my dear!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bottles are just beautiful, Olive! Even the toppers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are really pretty. I bet they will sell quickly. They would be so pretty on a silver tray.

    ReplyDelete
  9. someone will buy those up right away! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The perfume bottles and the stoppers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new header! Your perfume bottles are gorgeous. I have a small collection of them, but I haven't added to my collection in a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't blame you a bit. They are beautiful. Sounds like a good day...thrifting and working at the same time. You are a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These bottles you found are beautiful and real treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I find that themes often emerge when I thrift shop too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree. They are so pretty. I like how they reflect light with all of their facets. I love seeing them grouped together on a tray too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't blame you for wanting to keep them, they're lovely! I'm your newest follower, please drop by when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is looking fresh and pretty around here! Love the new header and your new bottles.
    I see them sitting on a Silver tray with a pretty hand mirror and a beautiful old hairbrush.
    Happy Wednesday and hugs from Savannah, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are so pretty. Isn't it weird when a theme happens like that. BTW, perfume give me a headache too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't blame you for wanting to keep them...they are very pretty!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are beautiful. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree beautiful bottles! I'd keep them *winks*...Or send them to someone named Vanna....Yes that would be the RIGHT thing to do LOL! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  22. These photos are absolutely beauuuutifuuuul! Enjoyed today!

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments. They are like finding unexpected chocolates. olive