My Blog List

Friday, February 3, 2012

Ramblings on Friday


Happy Friday
Joe and I had ran errands this morning.
  Then I started an enormous crock pot of chili going for our small group meeting tonight.
In the meantime Joe split wood and I have fought with and lost the battle of pulling out dead juniper.
I actually pulled so hard on one section with such force I fell back into the road.
Cannot beat inertia or gravity.
I am defeated by drought really.
We do not water out front yard and the yard is bordered by large swaths of trailing juniper which is now partly dead.
I plan on replacing it with some of our hardy and drought tolerant lantana which we have in abundance.
I give away transplants of lantana all the time.
I once went to a friends house and planted three lantanas on her back yard hill and was very disappointed that her yard man dug them up thinking them to be weeds.
Everyone does not get that kind of service from me.
I even brought my own shovel.

I am still playing with photo edits and probably will til the cows come home.
The above photo was edited in Picnik and Picasa.

have a very happy weekend
Olive

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE that photo Olive....it's beautiful. You can't beat black and white or sepia.
    Enjoy the chili !! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is just the sweetest, Olive!!
    You & Joe have such fun together...enjoy!!
    ♥'s
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photograph! Olive, did you hurt yourself when you were shot back on the road?? Yikes, be careful gf! Oh, I love chili, sure sounds good. We just may have to have some this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lantana is so cheerful! We have creeping juniper here and I've been digging a but out each year; I can't stand it! Glad you didn't hurt yourself. Have a great weekend.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Olive! That is a pretty snap and I hope your group is great tonight and I know they'll love your chili.
    I'm a shameful gran, I know! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous photo. I have been scrolling back to some of your posts I've missed(been working 12 hour days!)and I must say you are really mastering all the different photo editing programs. You are so talented! One of these days I'm going to give it a try...you might be getting lots of questions from me!!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are okay. I love lantana in my dry areas too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum, chili! love it. have a great time- love your pic!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Olive,
    A beautiful picture! We are making chili for tomorrow. So good. I am going to miss Picnik. I have a Mac and there are not a lot of options out there that are so easy and creative.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chili sounds yummy! I'm making some on Sunday. Love that photo Olive, but I have always admired your photography. Have a wonderful weekend, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that bottle!!

    I know about tugging till you fall back, those things are stubborn.

    LOVE lantana, so pretty! I found out that in FL they grow like weeds. I did not know they seed themselves, I am waiting to see where they popup in my yard this year from a plant I purchased last year.

    Pixlr.com is an awesome replacement for Picnik. Its free and nothing to download.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that photo effect. The last time we got rid of evergreens we hooked a chain up to my husband's Jeep and we yanked them out. Took five minutes vs one hour and a lot of cussing. You do have a huge hole to fill in after the fact though.

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments. They are like finding unexpected chocolates. olive