My Blog List

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bloggers Are Givers


There is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving.
--Henry Drummond

Bloggers are givers and I have had occasion to be the recipient of many gifts this week.

Tuesday I had lunch with Donna from Distressed Donna Down Home. We have much in common. To say that she is fun and kind is an understatement. She brought me carrot muffins in the box tied with a yellow ribbon and at the time I was so excited to meet her I did not notice that there were three vintage Easter postcards tucked under the ribbon.  After lunch we went thrifting like we had been shopping together for years.






Donna sells primitives and shabby chic items and has two booths in an antique mall not far from our yellow house. Donna and I will be meeting for lunch and shopping again soon.


I won this Nest burlap banner from Judy at 20 North Ora. Judy sent me handmade quilted Easter eggs too. If you have not seen Judy's dress form, please look. It is a work of art.  We have a stone fireplace that is without a mantle so I was in a bit of pickle as to where to hang the banner. The kitchen window won. Thanks Judy.


Blogging friends near and far away have enriched my life this week.


joy and peace
Olive


26 comments:

  1. The burlap 'nest' banner is deliciously fun~ Some gals are so creative~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet gifts! Your new banner looks darling in your kitchen. Wish I could meet up and go shopping with you all, I bet you girls are a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olive,
    You are always enriching our lives too....glad you had a good week..
    Love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. You received some great goodies from your sweet friends! How fun that you were able to meet up with a fellow blogger and go shopping too!
    Happy Easter!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olive, it was so much fun meeting you this week. I am glad you enjoyed the Easter cards and the muffins! That is a sweet banner and it looks great on your window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely gifts and wins! The nest banner is so cute!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful gifts...love that banner! Happy Easter!!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun to meet someone new and enjoy together your thrifting . . . Great gifts and giving . . .
    I like the quote very much . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. You received some beautiful gifts! How fun to meet a fellow blogger for lunch and then go shopping.
    Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the banner....and yes, Ms. Begonia is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogging friends are the best! Love the nest banner and it looks great in the window!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet gifts and the muffin looks so good.
    Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna sounds like she is going to be a good friend. I love homemade gifts, as in the sort you can eat. And I love your banner, Judy is so very creative! Good for you, lucky lady!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Olive,
    "bloggy friends" are the best! What a fun time the two of you had and what a sweet gift! The nest banner is adorable, Judy is very talented.
    Have a Happy easter.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love BOTH your blogs; so glad you two got to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All beautiful gifts Olive! The banner is perfect for spring:@)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun to lunch and shop with a new blog friend :-)
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aren't blogging friends wonderful? What a wonderful gift you received from Donna - and Judy's banner is so cute and looks perfect in your kitchen window.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun that you got to hang out with Donna. Call me next time you two get together and I'll jump in the car and take the twelve hour drive down there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was such a nice gift from your friend to bake something from her kitchen! I love the packaging as well. The banner is adorable too. Sounds like you've been blessed this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Olive, How very nice...to have a new friend to lunch with and go shopping. I have been wanting to leave comments...my computer is an evil self minded piece of junk....We are shopping for a new one, soon. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Friend, food, shopping. Sounds like a perfect day! and I think you're blessed because you are such a blessing to others. Easter Blessings xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. What sweet Easter cards Olive! Love your nest banner hanging by the window~ Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Olive. What an exciting time you have had recently with all those little surprises. I would love to meet a blogging friend one day. They really are the best, aren't they? I love the little banner (we call it bunting over here, and it is very popular at the moment). Have a blessed Easter and I thank you for YOUR friendship. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments. They are like finding unexpected chocolates. olive