My Blog List
-
-
Good Design Worth Repeating22 hours ago
-
Amazing Grace...1 day ago
-
Moody Fall1 day ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
"I used to...."3 weeks ago
-
-
So, here's the situation...5 weeks ago
-
-
Catching Up1 month ago
-
Summer :@)2 months ago
-
-
-
It's Been Some Time.....4 months ago
-
Long Time No See!4 months ago
-
Botanical Prints In The Family Room7 months ago
-
More Transferware8 months ago
-
The Heart of the Home9 months ago
-
-
Flea Market SeLLing1 year ago
-
Re "focus"1 year ago
-
PRETTY LITTLE ENGLAND ..........1 year ago
-
-
Hello world!1 year ago
-
-
spring 20251 year ago
-
my last post1 year ago
-
-
So Much to Catch Up On2 years ago
-
-
Favorite summer recipes2 years ago
-
-
Fibromyalgia2 years ago
-
FIRST SALE OF THE YEAR3 years ago
-
Twenty Five Years . . .3 years ago
-
MEDITATION FOR WORRY3 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Spring Tour in the Sun Room6 years ago
-
A Spring Entryway6 years ago
-
Thrift Store Finds6 years ago
-
Kitchen Talk6 years ago
-
Home Renovations6 years ago
-
A Fancy French Comtoise Clock6 years ago
-
-
Happy February!!6 years ago
-
-
I Found My Thrill..6 years ago
-
BEAUTIFUL DECEMBER6 years ago
-
Julenostalgi6 years ago
-
Night Vision6 years ago
-
~Fall in the Garden 2019~6 years ago
-
-
-
German Apple Pancake Recipe6 years ago
-
Keeping It Simple and a Fall Market6 years ago
-
-
Baby Hedgehogs7 years ago
-
Long time no see!7 years ago
-
Checking In~7 years ago
-
-
-
THE SCOOP #3657 years ago
-
A Merry Christmas Farewell7 years ago
-
Share Your Style #1887 years ago
-
-
Never use the word “cheap''7 years ago
-
Pretty In Pink7 years ago
-
Fall In Love With Texas Blog Tour7 years ago
-
a u t u m n8 years ago
-
-
Find me8 years ago
-
I Want To Be More Like Jim8 years ago
-
I'm Back!8 years ago
-
A Springlike Garden Mantel8 years ago
-
Follow Me on Instagram!8 years ago
-
Show and Share No.3948 years ago
-
Share Your Style Party #1548 years ago
-
-
A New Year8 years ago
-
When One Door Closes8 years ago
-
10 Best Books I Read in 20178 years ago
-
-
Blueberry Moments8 years ago
-
HAPPY THANKSGIVING8 years ago
-
Another fine mess.8 years ago
-
Bought From Olive8 years ago
-
Our Fall Dining Room8 years ago
-
Adjust contrast of a pdf free9 years ago
-
Bathroom Redo9 years ago
-
-
Spring Cleaning Mode9 years ago
-
Visiting New England9 years ago
-
A Designers Eye9 years ago
-
-
O (Kinda Large) Tannenbaum9 years ago
-
Sunday School9 years ago
-
Country Living Fair 201610 years ago
-
-
Hooray! It's Summer10 years ago
-
Nervous Excitement10 years ago
-
easter loveliness::10 years ago
-
We've moved10 years ago
-
The World Has Gone to Helen Back10 years ago
-
Dreaming of Spring...10 years ago
-
"Seasons at Tinkerbell Farm"10 years ago
-
My Simple Life Got A Whole Lot Simpler10 years ago
-
Share Your Style #4810 years ago
-
First Snow & Valentine Vignette10 years ago
-
-
Vintage Oak Dresser10 years ago
-
Quick Fall Supper~Sausage and Apples10 years ago
-
A New Chapter11 years ago
-
Starting with Bloglovin11 years ago
-
Thank You11 years ago
-
-
Pinks11 years ago
-
-
-
-
The Last Lilac Season11 years ago
-
Monday Musing11 years ago
-
Ripples11 years ago
-
Making A Rustic Spring Basket11 years ago
-
-
WINE RACK LAMP11 years ago
-
Waiting for Dinner11 years ago
-
New Market Finds......11 years ago
-
Bluebirds of Happiness11 years ago
-
PRIDE11 years ago
-
She's a dreamer...11 years ago
-
-
-
-
A new address for my blog!11 years ago
-
making people11 years ago
-
Where or where has the blogger gone?11 years ago
-
Fall Wreath11 years ago
-
Introducing Terra Melek...12 years ago
-
Random Furniture Pieces12 years ago
-
-
-
-30-12 years ago
-
Spring Crocuses12 years ago
-
Late start12 years ago
-
-
From 1969 to 201312 years ago
-
Missing blogger shows up12 years ago
-
Brimfield never disappoints12 years ago
-
-
-
Enjoying the Garden Blooms13 years ago
-
Bittersweet Finds...13 years ago
-
Taylor’s Tool Turned Practical13 years ago
-
Come see what's new ~13 years ago
-
DREAM CREATED.....13 years ago
-
"Happy ALMOST Spring to You All"!!!13 years ago
-
-
All my blog followers...please read this!!!!13 years ago
-
My Garden Is Blooming14 years ago
-
Mom 4 Real Pattern Vinyl Giveaway!14 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Why Painters Drink
I know why painters drink beer. After painting nearly every surface of our *vacation* house I need a beer, a prayer, or something. The worst part is I am not finished. I or I should say we just stopped. For a while. Joe my Wonderful Husband does his share by far. He has a job. Somebody in this marriage has to go to work every day. I do have a retirement salary. I attempt to make Joe's life easier any way I can. That is my pleasure as I love him dearly. But back to the painting. I picked out Behr Opal Cream for the main living spaces. It is the color of real butter. Pale pale yellow. It's warm and comforting. All my old and found objects look good in the room against it. Last week I painted two walls before I realized they were not as yellow as the rest. More white. Really? I thought. The Home Depot had mixed the correct color in the wrong base. At that juncture I went with the flow. Close enough I say. I do not drink beer. I do pray. No one except for me and Joe will ever know. Joe knows cause I told him ninety times. Olive Out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The question now is ... how many beers does it take to change a color? Good story.
ReplyDeleteShadowman, no beer for me. Keeping the color. Sore shoulder. Sore everything for that matter.
ReplyDelete