My Blog List

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Before the Dawn

It is still dark  in South Carolina. Our vacation is about to end. It was lovely. Fast of course. The temperature has cooled a bit. It is supposed to rain today. Yay!

Here is a poem from a small book of poetry I read on occasion.

 

Before the dawn

the song began!

Before the sweep of light

no matter if it was moments or more

this back yard bird

sang, knowing;

his melody a harbinger.

And I thought how

often, only after rewards were given,

I have sung

but how faith is a song

before the dawn

Lyle M. Crist

old city cemetary s'ville 2010 019

 

The yellow house is now still. In a hour it will be noisy as CC and her friend Big A will wake and they are LOUD. Joe is quiet but he will egg those two on. Big A is not big at all that is just my nickname for her. Both of them were two pound premature babies and they are petite. We will all be going to the 8:30 service at church.

Ya’ll have a peaceful and blessed Sunday.

grace surrounds us

Olive

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem, it reminds me of the early morning birds we hear chirping in the trees just outside our windows. I hope you enjoyed a lovely vacation♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a poetry fan and enjoyed this one, very much. Your picture of the {very beautiful} cross is simply lovely. I hope your day held everything that the dawn promised you, Olive!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the photograph. Your poem is beautiful too. I am a new follower. Stop by and see me, and on Monday we have "Mia Monday" a time for all to share with each other. Come by and join the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem!!! And perfect picture to go along with it! Glad you had a nice vacation...they're always too short aren't they??!!

    Hugs ~

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful images. so glad you want to be aprt of the Barn Chicks- thanks. Shall I sign up up?

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments. They are like finding unexpected chocolates. olive