My Blog List

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Vintage Blocks and Way Rite Scale Now Mine


In the children's room at the estate sale in Athens, Georgia I could not resist the blocks.



They have a graphic time worn patina.


Here they are in a glass hurricane.


And in a mini cloche. 
The tiny muffin pan was one of three in the box with the blocks. 
The kids probably played with the little pans along with the miniature cast iron stove I saw at the sale.


The second item came from the kitchen and it is this Way Rite Scale. 
 I am happy to have finally found one.


The third item, also from the kitchen, is this wine bottle. 
It is not terribly old, could be new, but I liked it.

The price for all three items was $11.50 which considering some of the prices I have quoted concerning this sale is beyond wonderful.

I behaved myself.



Click here for Part I of this estate sale

Click here for Part II 

Click here for Part III 


Linking with Sherry at No Minimalist Here for Open House Party.
&
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Party.



may joy and peace and great estate sale surround you

Olive


15 comments:

  1. I love old blocks but all the ones I have run across that I wanted were too pricey... and alas, so I have none... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful sale, with so many treasures. So glad you were able to bring home a few of your own. I love the blocks, they remind me of my own childhood, and welcome to the sisterhood of vintage scale owners! ;-)

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something
    so endearing about
    well-loved children's
    blocks.....beautiful.
    You have the eyes
    to see that beauty, T!

    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olive,
    Love your finds! The blocks are adorable and that little muffin pan, to cute! Congrats on finding a scale! They are one of my favorite things, just found a very cool green and grey one to add to my collection. Since I'm running out of room on top of my cabinets, I took my least fav to my booth to resell. It was hard!! (trying to be good)!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olive, I found myself looking over at this house on Prince Ave yesterday as I rode by imagining that I could see you standing in line waiting to go inside....surely wish I had known about it and maybe then I could imagine we had a little talk about the great finds here...but they surely seemed way over priced... :-) maybe now I will run across the leftovers at the thrift stores here...anyway, love your posts about this sale.... Mona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, would love those blocks, a find that is truly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! You got a fantastic deal on that stuff. The scale, alone, would've cost much more than that! I love your new finds. I'm sure you will enjoy those for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute blocks and great price for all that. I LOVE your header!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great find! I really like the blocks too, and their one finish! Demonstrates such lovely character!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful vintage blocks! What great finds!!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I love the blocks (So perfect for vignetting!) the and scale! And I really enjoyed attending the sale with you. No way would I have the willpower to take photos when possible treasure lurks around every corner *winks* so thank you for doing that! You WERE good!
    I do think that was quite a bit for the fish platter and also for the clock (If those were the marked down prices) I can only imagine what would've been in the sale at the beginning if this was week two. I wish I cou;ve been there! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Olive, More great finds! The blocks are wonderful and I love the vintage scale. Thanks for linking to my party this week.
    xo, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Olive, You sure scored on the Blocks.... they are so pretty, I see why you couldn't pass them up. Do you live in Athens? I was there in August with My Niece, we hit the Habitat Store~ and filled her van up... (she lives in Hoschton) I can't wait till summer, I will be down again, visiting Family~ I sure hope you'll get a chance to stop by My Blog, I'm having a Give~Away, until then, have a Wonderful Weekend~
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, we have family that that live near Athens so we are often there.

      Delete

I adore your comments. They are like finding unexpected chocolates. olive