My Blog List

Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Tease and A Win



Layering table linens gives a table more interest and besides that it's fun.
This post is a tease for a tablescape that I will post later in the week.  


The lace tablecloth was my Aunt Judy's.
 You can read about her in my Hold Everything Lightly series here
Aunt Judy loved antiques and was quite a character.


I am seriously gone over this china, Old Castles of Britain by Johnson Brothers.
Brown transferware evokes fall for me. 
When I saw this china at an estate sale, this summer,
 I went back the second day and bought it for half price. 
I drove home thinking about how to photograph it. 
That's when you know you are a nutty blogger I suppose.
Right? 


These charming burlap flatware holders (I have four) were won by me at Amy's blog All things Home
They were made by Amy's friend Kim who has an Etsy shop.
 Kim was so sweet to work with. 
You can visit her at Sew Cute Creations by Kim
 She makes pretty pillows and wreaths too.
Thanks bunches Kim and Amy.
♦♦♦
Please come back for my next post, on Monday, for the full Tablescape.
By then I shall have edited the images. 
Why I take a hundred photos of china and pumpkins needs some explaining.


happy fall y'all
Olive



20 comments:

  1. So far I love the rose tablecloth, the lace tablecloth, the burlap flatware holders and the china. I am guessing I am going to love the tablescape too Olive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dishes, and the textiles will be so pretty with them. Can't wait to see it!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olive,I love your new dishes. I am so excited to see your table set. Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olive, I just love your new castle dinnerware. I can't wait for the tablescape bcause this is one of my favorite JB patterns. The burlap holders are so clever, love those too.
    Have a great week.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dinnerware is perfect for fall dining! And I'm impressed you could keep it under wraps this long (: I love that type of lace cloth ~ can't wait to see your tablescape. Do you have trouble fining round cloths?

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking forward to seeing it. And yes brown transferware screams FALL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty lace and I love Johnson Brothers! Congrats on your win, the flatware holders are cute-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Olive, you ARE a tease!... I can't wait to see your tablescape!... LOVE your china with the old castles... but then, I LOVE all brown transferware too... perfect for Autumn!... and how sweet you have your Aunt Judy's precious lace tablecloth... have fun decorating with everything... I'll be back to see the completed table!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh.. loving it already!
    Have a good week!
    Smiles~
    C

    ReplyDelete
  10. That china is very fall-ish. Can't wait to see the whole tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see it all! The transferware is perfect for Autumn!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a tease! Love the dishes. Those silverware holders are so cute too! I'll be back on Monday for another look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the layering of fabrics!! And those dishes are fantastic. Can't wait to see the tablescape.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the burlap win! Your tables are always great! I'm envious of all your finds. I neeed to gettttt awwwwway on a pickin'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking good, Olive. I'm loving that brown transferware and look forward to seeing the tablescape you do. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those dishes are amazing and I'm glad they've found a home with you. The table looks wonderful and Aunt Judy would be proud to see her tablecloth so well displayed! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Olive, I love brown transferware! I have 4 flatware holders like that. They were used at the wedding I posted about a couple of weeks ago.
    With what you teased us with, I'm sure it's going to be a beautiful tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving it all and this isn't even the full post?!?!?! Will be looking forward to your post. You know the "real" one ;)

    Hope you had a grand weekend!

    Hugs and purrs,

    "Her" and Romeo

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMGoodness what a gorgeous tease....I will be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Olive~ I'm totally gone over the tease of your skirted tablecloth! I'm nuts for brown transferware too :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments. They are like finding unexpected chocolates. olive