My Blog List

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Rocks Rescue?Olive




Last weekend I was washing a cucumber in the kitchen sink. I peered out the window and saw a squirrel sitting on the bird feeder. I yelled at that critter something like this " GET OFF MY BIRD FEEDER YOU DANG SQUIRREL!" I was quite loud. The critter did not move. I stepped onto the deck and threw a pine cone at him. Gone. For thirty seconds maybe.

A few minutes later the doorbell rings. It is Mr. and Mrs. Rock from next door. Mr. Rock says he heard someone scream over here. Scream? I didn't hear it I say. Then it hits me. Mr. Rock is seventy eight and he has rushed over to rescue me from a squirrel. Mr. Rock says he would never forgive himself if something happened to me. Oh my goodness. These are the best neighbors ever. I tell them I am a heathen girl from the country who yells at squirrels out the window. Then I thank them and apologize. A lot. I promise to refrain from further loud discourse with the squirrels.

grace surrounds us
Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your comments. They are like finding unexpected chocolates. olive