My Blog List

Friday, July 20, 2012

Aliens, Siri, Our Old House, And More


I have been at our old house with Joe and Shelly Puppy this week.
 Clovis traveled with me of course. For an old grouchy opinionated cat he travels well. Nothing about our one hundred and sixty year old house is easy. The most evident difficulty this week is we have no air conditioning in the living room or kitchen. Not a lot of cooking is happening. Because the ceilings are tall and the house is dark and cave like it is cooler inside than you would think. 
Thank God for small mercies.

The images have little to do with this post except that I adore Black Eyed Susan's. 

Where we are in middle Georgia has terribly slow internet MiFi service, with Verizon, and I can read two or three pages in a book whilst one of your blogs is being loaded on my laptop.  It makes my visiting you gals and guys an exercise in patience. I told Joe I was having problems joining a party last night and he laughed and said "If you had no blogging problems I would think you had been replaced by an alien, like in the book The Host." To which I rolled my eyes. By the way the movie adaptation of The Host by Stephanie Meyer is coming out next year and I am looking forward to it but am curious to how they are going to do it.


My five dollar dumb phone died last weekend. 
We bought an iPhone which means I will be much quicker at answering email at my Google plus email address. I am definitely excited to have a better phone that will help me be more efficient. I think it will be helpful with our buying and reselling business and with the blog.
Siri does not understand my southern accent.
Isn't that a hoot?

My friend and neighbor Fancy and I are planning a two day trip, next week, to north Georgia. We will be going to the premium outlets, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Williams Sonoma, and many more. Fancy had never heard of Pottery Barn until meeting me (she does not read blogs) so it will be cool to witness her seeing Pottery Barn's beautiful linens and furniture for the first time.

You made it to the end....you are pretty, smart and patient. 

I think the heat has gotten to me ya'll, thus I ramble.

happy friday
Olive

22 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful time next week on your excursion 'up north.' :-) Beautiful photos, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Siri. Sometimes have problems deciphering southern accents as well. :-) Hope the iPhone works out well for you with the business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not have patience with the slow internet. Patience is not one of my virtues. I hope you get your new phone soon and have a fun time at the Outlet Mall.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain on the connection problems, looks like we both have had it. YEP, on some blogs my computer does not like, I can go to the bathroom, then run downstairs to get some ice tea and then it still has not fully loaded.

    Have a super time, I know where you are going and its great.

    Have you tried The Potter in Commerce, Ga? If its still there... have not been in a while. its a huge shopping adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl! I can't even imagine no a/c right now! Especially in the kitchen....ay yi yi. Ya'll have fun on your road trip....those are SO fun. PS: It's been a while since I've been checking out blog....love your new header picture. I'll have to check your older posts to see what else you've been up to. PSS: Puppy is PRECIOUS!
    Happy Summer Ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that sounds like fun! I've heard many funny stories about Siri and how she doesn't understand a lot of people's voices. Have a great weekend Olive and I love the pictures of the Black-eyed Susans, especially the one with the little spider on it! There is something about those flowers that always make me smile. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a rambler too -- wishing I was ANYWHERE even close to a premium outlet store but alas, I live in the middle of nowhere, lol. Having lived in a 1850's farmhouse with NO a/c for many years, I was amazed at how cool older houses can stay. We are too dependant upon a/c -- I was just remarking on another blog how my grandma's summertime routine revolved around the cooler and hotter parts of the day - she never had a/c :)

    Enjoy your weekend and trip with Fancy -- LOVE her name :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is good that Clovis travels well - pets who do well in cars area blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your yellow daisy photos are great Olive, and I would really love to hear you talk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the flowers, Olive. It's a little cooler by me today, but the heat is going to return. Over it! Hope you have a nice getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Friday, Olive! I have to catch up on your posts because I haven't joined Google+ (I tend to LAG with these sort of things) and couldn't figure out how to access your blog.
    Always enjoy a post like this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great shopping trip, Olive! Wish I could join you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny, I've never thought about you having an accent. Back atcha on the pretty, smart and patient part. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful shot of the black eyes susans. Having an iPhone will make things easier for you! It does not understand my daughter's northern accent either, plus she talks faster than a New York minute. Our 100 year old cottage always presents challenges. I can only imagine the additional problems those 60 years add! Have fn shopping, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy the shopping trip. I just started texting. I can see my flip phone needs replaced by one with a keypad. It never ends.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Olive, My black eyed susans are growing too. Our cat hates the car...cause it usually takes her to the vet.LOL Enjoy your weekend. Smiles, xo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  17. cheaper electricity

    The photo put a smile on my face. Its very pretty. Hope you have safe and fun trip next week. Bring us a lot of photos please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. How can you not smile at those black eyed susans?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Snap! - my internet connection is just the same as yours :(
    Have a lovely trip with your friend

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry your AC and internet connections are not helping you out these days. You will love your new phone though, I love my smart phone even if it does make me feel dumb sometimes! ;-) I hope you have a wonderful trip, and your photos are beautiful as always!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  21. First of all, you need to start playing Angry Birds on your phone. Totally addicting and not in a good way (and I am not a game playing kind of person). Secondly, try Instagram. Some people love it and some people think it's fake photography, but I just think it's a fun way to do a super quick edit on a photo. Love the Black Eyed Susans. One of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I know so many real life "angry birds" it is scary. I am still figuring out my camera, my phone, and now the new coffee maker. Oh for the simple life.

      Delete

I adore your comments. They are like finding unexpected chocolates. olive